Monday, June 24, 2013

Interesting ending

The Ophelia Cut by John Lescroart didn't quite have the energy that I have come to enjoy with the Dismas Hardy series. There were too few interactions between the main players, for my taste. I miss Glitsky's and Hardy's conversations...and though all of this is explained (Glitsky is pretty reticent to hang out with anyone that was involved in the shootout, depicted in an earlier book), I nevertheless miss that aspect of Lescroart's writing.

The plot of this story was somewhat predictable though it did have a very interesting legal dilemma, and court case. The resolutions were interesting...the court case decision and how that is resolved was thought provoking, what happens to a main character could be viewed as ironic, and some aspects the reader will have to infer, which in this case was okay. I tend to dislike some books that end in this manner, but it did truly work in Ophelia's Cut.

I will continue to read Lescroart, as I have truly enjoyed all of his books. This one, in my opinion, wasn't the best, but it was still definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment