Sunday, May 19, 2024

First in Series and First with new blog format

The Defense (Eddie Flynn, #1)The Defense by Steve Cavanagh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I came across this series as a result of reading "Kill for me Kill for you"

This is an adrenaline pumping book, and is not the type of book I would normally pick up. I didn't particularly believe a couple of the situations and how they were resolved, but I went with it because I so wanted Eddie to prevail.

It is propulsive and could easily be made into a movie. I am putting the 2nd book on hold at the library.

Best Pairing: Enjoy this book while drinking a Guiness Stout I had imagined I would pair most books with one of my 3 favorite drink choices: coffee, wine or tea. Planned on specifying which of those fit the mood best, and getting specific with vintage (examples: Merlot, Arabica, Jasmine) I rarely drink beer, but this book made me think of reading this in a dimly lit and quiet bar (probably on a Kindle due to the lighting) while drinking a Guiness. I pictured the narrator, Eddie, if he had time to (he definetly doesn't in this story) contemplating the best way to get out of the horrible situation he finds himself in, in this setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment