Saturday, April 18, 2020

Compelling and Fun





City Spies by [James Ponti]






I first read Ponti's work, when hosting a student mystery book club, with the librarian at my school.  I read the first few chapters of his Framed series aloud; it hooked me, and it hooked a few others.

This book has the same great captivating writing, with some wonderful characters.  The main characters are kids whose varied skills lend themselves to the spy business.

We are introduced to Sara, when she is brought to a court in NYC.  Sara is a foster child, and she is suddenly represented by an attorney who isn't part of the public defender system.
This introduction, his getting her out of the juvenile justice system, and flying to a new location overseas, starts her new life as a spy.

It is a compelling, yet very fun read, and I highly recommend it for children, and all who love MG or YA books.

No comments:

Post a Comment