Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I truly enjoyed this book, despite initially having a hard time jumping into it.  The premise was interesting, but the first couple of chapters didn't draw me in as quickly as most thrillers do, and I almost didn't continue.  I am glad I did.
The characters are well developed and drawn out. I cared for all of them, and as details were developed and added to the plot, my appreciation of the writer's ability to write a mystery rose.
I do hope this develops into a series.

The Naturals is centered on a group of teens with natural abilities (like discerning if someone is telling the truth) that the FBI finds, and essentially tries to groom into profilers. 

The teens have stories of their own, that complicate matters.  The tension throughout was well developed and realistic. A bit of romance is thrown in as well, that I feared would become somewhat routine/boring/expected, but it was all handled well.

If you enjoy psychological thrillers, you should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment