Saturday, March 2, 2024

Debut cozy

The Antique Hunter's Guide to MurderThe Antique Hunter's Guide to Murder by C.L. Miller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The premise and story line were intriguing. If it ends up being a series I will try the 2nd. I did find the main character not as well drawn as I had hoped. For 20 years she has had nothing to do with the business, much less any kind of detective work, yet repeatedly we are told that she can easily solve the murder mystery. That was a bit odd to me, and would have merited a 2 overall, but I ended up deciding it was a 3 since the version I read was an ARC, and perhaps the published version corrected editing issues (that also bugged me) as well as too many references to her skills that weren't backed up by anything.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment