Friday, July 5, 2019

Summer reading 2019 Book 6

The Stranger Diaries by [Griffiths, Elly]

I adored this novel.  An English teacher is murdered, and one of the three narrators is her colleague, another English teacher.  Many references to Wilkie Collins, particularly his novel, The Woman in White.  I read that years ago, and loved it. The style is quite reminiscent of it.

I enjoyed each character's narration, Clare, the English teacher, her daughter Georgie, and the detective Harbrinder.  It had me guessing throughout, and well, it was just wonderfully written.

It isn't a quick read; I had to stop at times to simply absorb what I had read, and to take a break from the Gothic setting so to speak. I might need to start Elly Griffiths' Ruth Galloway series, but currently have too many other titles on my to be read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment