Saturday, July 27, 2013

Great mystery and wonderful story

I admit I probably wouldn't have come across The Cuckoo's Calling on my own; another mystery writer whom I follow on Facebook mentioned she had heard about Rowling being the author at a thriller writer's convention in NYC, and I promptly bought it off of Amazon. Apparently I didn't hit buy soon enough, so with the huge rise in sales it took a bit longer than typical to arrive. Interesting that the cover now states Gabraith is a pseudonym. I thought that aspect might take a bit longer. So, enough of that, onto the review.

I truly loved it. The writing, the character development, the plot lines, the exposition, the resolution....all of it are simply excellent. I loved both Strike and Robin, as well as their budding friendship.

Just as in the Harry Potter series, I am looking forward to the next in this.

I happen to think Rowling is immeasurably talented...she writes extremely well, whether it is Harry Potter, this mystery, or the sadder, truly realistic portrayal, she created in The Casual Vacancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment