Friday, May 17, 2024

Solid start to a series

Crime and Parchment (Rare Books Cozy Mystery #1)Crime and Parchment by Daphne Silver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very nice start to a new cozy series. The setting in MD was believable, and the reason she might stay in that area after helping solve this initial case are plausible. I loved the idea of the cover of the "Book of Kells" somehow ending up in MD, sparking the curiosity of the main character, who deals with rare books at the Library of Congress.

Her name, Juniper, along with the sister's name Azalea were coincidentally very similar to names in another cozy mystery I am reading now, so it did make me question my tendency to read mulptiple books at the same time. Fortunately it didn't cause me too much confusion keeping track of the respective storylines.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment