Saturday, August 24, 2024

Ugh, last Bones book for me

Fire and Bones (Temperance Brennan, #23)Fire and Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had read this series avidly when she was first writing them. At some point I stopped (too many other books on my TBR list? I don't recall).

This book felt like just the surface of the books I remember. Tempe was pretty flat and at times clueless. Too many times someone would say something or give her a look that had her questioning her reaction, or their reaction to her, in these weird little thought "asides" she has.

It was so often that it became irritating.

And, her chapter endings had loads of foreshadowing but not much actually developed from chapter to chapter. The epilogue/update taking place a year later? Pretty ridiculous and then that was followed by another reveal dated 4 months later.

Most of my reading of this series was pre Goodreads, and certainly pre my utilizing Goodreads, but looking back I see I read the 21st book and gave it 2 stars as well.

I think it is incredible that someone could write even one book and get it published, much less 23 in this series and others that Richs has written, but sadly this will be the last Bones book read by me.

Beverage Pairing: A strong cup of coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment