Monday, June 10, 2024

Lighthearted series

The Diva Goes Overboard (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #17)The Diva Goes Overboard by Krista Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been enjoy Davis' other series (Paws and Claws), so thought I would try this series. I read the first book and enjoyed it; but rather than continuing the series as written (which would mean 15 more books) I jumped to the one just published which is the 17th.

Many of the characters were ones I met in the first book, so it was easy to read this one.

I enjoyed the mystery in this one, but didn't care as much for the little letters to Sophie and Natasha's respective columns that started each chapter. I simply got tired of the charcuterie board questions and responses, and didn't feel they added much to the story line. In the first book those letters were pertinent and set up an interesting relationship aspect between the women.

Relationships are key in this book, and made the main mystery even more intriguing.

Beverage Pairing: Sitting outside on a porch, or in your yard, read this with a nice chilled Pinot Gris. If you don't care for alcohol, or it is too early for wine, chilled peach juice would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment