Thursday, June 6, 2024

Summer read?

The Last Murder at the End of the WorldThe Last Murder at the End of the World by Stuart Turton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the writing. As I started reading I was reminded of various Greek myths as well as the book, The Giver.

In all honesty keeping that book in mind is what kept me reading. There was a twist that surprised me (in hardcover version it was on page 142).

There were interesting philosophical questions raised at various points, that I appreciated (and continued to make me think of The Giver). Is it a Utopia or a Dystopia? That is probably the real mystery.

Beverage Pairing:

I think a nice sweet iced tea is perfect for this book. I know many might not feel this way, but this was kind of the perfect beach/summer read. Probably a bit more thought inducing than most summer reads, but that was my feeling when I finished the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment