Saturday, June 1, 2024

King is the master of depicting characters

You Like It DarkerYou Like It Darker by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this collection. Only one story was just okay for me.

I will do a simple blurb for each story.

1) Two Talented Bastids: Great story that I fell right into. Loved the line, "nothing can give you what already isn't there."

2) The Fifth Step: I knew there'd be a twist, but that was a doozy.

3) Willie the Weirdo: Creepy

4) Danny Coughlin's Bad Dream: Great characters, interesting premise, "belief is hard"

5) Finn: Just okay for me.

6) On Slide Inn Road: Really enjoyed this story. Could see it all.

7) Red Screen: Clever but kind of knew where it was going (not trying to imply I am clever..you will see what I mean when you read it.

8) The Turbulence Expert: Truly loved it. Can totally relate

9) Laurie: Wonderful dog story

10) Rattlesnakes: Three words: Cujo, Grief and ghosts. Great creepy story

11) The Dreamers: Scary. Could induce nightmares.

12) The Answer Man: Just a beautiful story.

It's all in the characters. King is simply a master with his characters. His afterword is worthy too.

Beverage Pairing: A nice french roast for most of the stories. Perhaps lemonade for Rattlesnakes

No comments:

Post a Comment