Tuesday, July 2, 2024

A twist that wasn't needed

A Talent for MurderA Talent for Murder by Peter Swanson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was pleased to see there was a 3rd book in this series. I thought the premise was interesting, and many aspects did indeed work for me.

I liked how Lily was brought into the story, and the background she shared with Martha.

I even liked the premise about the killer, and why some of the killings were taking place.

I didn't care for the ending as I thought it was totally unnecessary; a twist that wasn't needed but was hinted at (view spoiler).

I also thought Lily was uncharacteristically stupid, and wanted more of Henry in the story.

I was going to give it a 3 but due to the silly twist, and Lily not being cautious when needed (truly, obviously needed), I gave it a 2.

Beverage pairing: A nice iced Vietnamese coffee. A little something sweet to deal with the bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment