Saturday, July 6, 2024

Implausible motive dropped my rating

Think Twice (Myron Bolitar, #12)Think Twice by Harlan Coben
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had some difficulty rating this book. I truly loved the beginning, the premise, and of course all the characters brought back in this series. Esperanza and more are mentioned and featured to varying levels.

The case is intriguing, how a variety of people in their lives end up helping Myron and Win to figure things out was all nicely done. As a fan of this series (and it was this series that introduced me to Coben) I was fully immersed in the story.

I wasn't a fan of the 2nd person narrative by the killer, but other than that it was going to be a 4 or even a 5 for me.

However the resolution, who was responsible and mostly why, was so utterly implausible and irritating that I just wanted to scream.

I mean I get wanting to have twists and red herrings. Mysteries and thrillers are my favorite genres. But, truly I just don't buy the whole premise of why these killings took place.

Okay, here's a spoiler (view spoiler)

It ended up being just an okay read for me as a result.

Beverage Pairing: When you finish you will want some Pepto Bismal to ease suddenly feeling ill as a result of the implausibility of the killers' motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment