Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Not a series I will continue to read

The Bingo Hall Detectives (The Bingo Hall Detectives, #1)The Bingo Hall Detectives by Jonathan Whitelaw
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This started off nicely, and ended decently, but it was way too long. I skimmed a good chunk of the middle when things were just plodding along.

This could easily have been at least 100 pages fewer and the resolution would have been the same.

Thus it was just okay for me.

Since I am drawn to characters in cozy mysteries, I won't be continuing this series. The characters weren't developed enough for me to want to see what happens to either of them in the future.

There was plenty of pages to do more with the two main characters, but they basically were just kind of stagnant in my opinion.

Beverage Pairing: A "cuppa" tea would be nice with this. Perhaps others will enjoy this cozy mystery more than I did with some good tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment