Sunday, July 28, 2024

Caught up in this great series

Still Life (Inspector Karen Pirie, #6)Still Life by Val McDermid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The cases were both interesting, and I have finally caught up with where I started this series.

We meet Daisy in this book, and I have a great understanding and appreciation of all of the characters now.

Will anxiously await book 8!

The two cases do share an interesting aspect, that you figure out with the one case and easily then understand what could be happening with the second. This book also leads up to the Covid lockdown nicely (the 7th book, which I started reading this series with, takes place in the midst of the lockdown). I for one appreciate books that acknowledge the pandemic, and the impact it had. It is interesting to me to see how detectives might have dealt with issues around the lockdown when solving cases. I do know from reviews (not necessarily of this series) that some people don't want that reality in their fiction books. Each to their own, right?

While waiting for the 8th book, I will soon start 1979

Beverage Pairing: It is pretty much a must to drink coffee while reading this. Karen brings coffee to colleagues and friends, goes to coffee shops and appreciates all of the folks who bring her coffee. And her current boyfriend owns a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment