Thursday, February 1, 2024

Great characters and story

Past Lying (Karen Pirie #7)Past Lying by Val McDermid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had seen a TV show based on the first book in this series, and picked up the latest at the library. The characters were intriguing, and there were references to another character that I want to learn more about (Phil, who in this book is deceased but clearly loved).

I enjoyed the setting, the time-frame (a book that truly does justice to the lockdown experienced in the spring of 2020) and especially the premise of how the cold case came to light.

I thought the investigation, as well as some side stories dealing with Covid's impact and another about Syrian refugees were nicely intertwined.

I have decided to go back and read the previous books, but am starting with book 2 since I know enough of the plot of book 1 from the TV show.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. putting it on my list at the library! Thanks Suzy!

    ReplyDelete