Thursday, February 1, 2024

Unique story for this trope

The Search PartyThe Search Party by Hannah Richell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was initially concerned about the number of characters, and the each having their own chapter perspectives. This set-up either works well or, if the characters aren't distinct enough, I end up going back to the chapter title to see who is narrating.

This one worked. I was able to keep track of the characters because they're distinctive.

The build up was quite good. As a reader you're not sure of a number of things, and how each aspect was revealed worked well. Though I knew early on why one character disliked another, and that that would cause a big fall out, I didn't see how that would all play out until the end.

I was worried for a few characters, and thought the ending was good not only for those characters, but also for a believable resolution.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment